Hello again everyone! I can’t believe that July is almost over. Lately, I’ve been trying to find things to do that allow me to get out of the heat for awhile, so I have been hanging back until it cools down in the afternoon. These events are all afternoon based so you can beat the heat too!
1. Holiday Twin Drive-In in Fort Collins
photo source: (holidaytwindrivein.com)
I adore this drive-in movie theater for two reasons, 1). It’s cheap! Seven bucks to see two new movies is money well spent, and 2). I don’t have to sit in a crowded movie theater and battle over who has rights to the armrest. What makes this drive in special though is that it is one of the only ones around that is still open and fully functioning. It is open throughout the summer so be sure to check out what they are showing! Note: the box office only accepts cash.
- Happening: Open the rest of Summer 2016
- When: Box office opens Fri -Sat at 6:30 pm and Sun – Thurs at 7 pm
- Currently showing Ice Age & Secret Life of Pets
- Where: 2206 South Overland Trail, Ft Collins, CO
2. Musician Meetup in Fort Collins
photo source: (fcmod.org)
This is a really cool event that the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery puts on for the music enthusiasts out there. They allow you to bring your own instruments and create a jam session with fellow music lovers. This event is for all instrument skill levels. As for me, the last instrument I played was the recorder in fourth grade, but it doesn’t mean those who don’t play an instrument can’t come join in. Who knows maybe you’ll learn some guitar cords.
- Happening: Thursday, July 28
- When: 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
- Where: Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, 408 Mason Court, Ft Collins, CO
3. Happy Hour Yoga in Fort Collins
video source: (youtube.com)
These pop-up yoga events are becoming more and more popular it seems. The Downtown Artery (which could be one of the coolest places in Foco) is hosting their own yoga event. Personally, I can’t wait to do this because ten bucks for an hour of yoga and a free drink is way worth it in my opinion. All skill levels are welcome!
- Happening: Wednesday, July 27
- When: 6:30 PM- 7:30 PM
- Where: Downtown Artery, 254 Linden Street, Ft Collins, CO
4. Farmers Market in Loveland
Earlier in this blog, I talked about Greeley’s Farmers Market. Now it is time to talk about Loveland’s Market! This market has all sorts of foods and handmade goods. They offer an array of fruits and vegetables as well as meats and cheeses. There are also food trucks and covered picnic tables to sit at and enjoy your fresh produce.
- Happening: Every Tuesday from May through October
- When: 3:00 PM- 7:00 PM
- Where: 205 Broadway Street, Loveland, CO
5. Colorado Symphony, Mozart Under Moonlight in Arvada
This event is a bit farther outside of Greeley than we normally do, but if you have never experienced a symphony, I would highly recommend it! They are incredible events. This one is being put on by the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities. Arvada is a nicer Denver suburb that is located right below the mountains. It is most definitely worth the 45-minute drive from Greeley.
- Happening: Friday, July 29th
- When: Starts at 7:30 PM
- Where: Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities, 6901 Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO