I hope everyone had a good last week and got to attend some of the events we posted about! However, this week there is a ton going on along the front range. From NewWestFest in Fort Collins to yoga in the park, there is something for everyone to do this week.
1. The Fray Live at Bohemian Nights in Fort Collins
photo source: (thefray.com)
The Fray is a local Denver band that took advantage of the booming Colorado music scene a few years ago. My sister is the one who first introduced me to The Fray. I liked them immediately and have had them on my playlist ever since. They are coming back to Colorado and playing Bohemian Nights as a part of New West Fest.
- Happening: Saturday, August 13th
- When: 8:30 PM – 11:30 PM
- Where: E Mountain Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80524
2. Read and Feed at Letterpress & Publick House in Fort Collins
photo source: (wolverinefarm.org)
This event is free and open to the public, so it would be perfect for the family. The Wolverine Farm is putting on a reading with a plethora of authors and free food including pizza! This place has a lot of character and is off the beaten path of breweries and bike rides. It is something different to do and a great place to meet new people!
- Happening: Thursday, August 11th
- When: 6 PM – 9 PM
- Where: 316 Willow St, Fort Collins, CO 80524
3. Yoga in the Park in Greeley
photo sources: (allevents.in)
If anyone has ever looked into doing yoga classes you probably know that they can get pricey very quickly. That’s why I love these donation based yoga in the park events! As I have said before, maybe it’s the broke college kid in me, but cheap always catches my attention. These yoga courses are popping up all over the Front Range. They give you a chance to spend some time outside in the nice weather as well as gain some new yoga skills! Even though I am no good at yoga, I am still excited to attend this event!
- Happening: Sunday, August 14th
- When: 9:30 AM
- Where: Glenmere Park, 14th Avenue & Glenmere Drive, Greeley, CO 80631
4. New West Fest in Fort Collins
photo source: (coloradoan.com)
For those who have never heard of New West Fest, it is a huge festival that takes place in the heart of Downtown Fort Collins. This is the time of year when Fort Collins really picks up since all of the college kids are back in town for the start of school. When I attended New West Fest two years ago, I was amazed at how many people it brought out. It was a blast. There are tons of bands that are playing as well as other festivities happening like carnival rides, tons of food trucks. If anything it’s a great place to people watch!
- Happening: August 12th, 13th, and 14th
- When: Friday: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Sunday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m
- Where: Downtown Fort Collins, CO
5. Wine Festival in Estes Park
Estes Park is one of the most beautiful places on Earth in my opinion, so it was only a matter of time before I would find an event to share that takes place there. It is a short 35-minute drive from Greeley, 45 if you drive the speed limit. Estes Park is home to a few wineries of its own but at this event they are showcasing all kinds of wines from all over Colorado.
- Happening: August 13th, 14th
- When: 11 AM- 5 PM
- Where: Bond Park, 250 Park Ln, Estes Park, CO 80517
I can’t wait to get out to some of these events before school starts. If there are any events that you think we should feature, leave us a comment! Everyone have a fantastic day and see ya next week!