Happy upcoming Independence Day everyone! It has officially been 240 years since the signing of the Declaration of Independence, and that is most definitely something to celebrate! When I think of the 4th of July, I always picture fireworks, grills, sparklers, parades, time with family and friends. Overall, just a night of fun and shenanigans.
This year there are a plethora of Fourth of July related events taking place all across Northern Colorado.
1. Fireworks Shows in Northern Colorado
Growing up my family was determined to find the perfect place to view all of the surrounding towns fireworks shows at once. The goal was to be able to view Loveland, Windsor, Eaton, and Greeley’s shows at the same time and let me tell you; it is possible to find that perfect place if you take a drive out North of Greeley!
But if being up close and in the action is more your style here is the low down on the fireworks shows in the surrounding Northern Colorado towns.
- When: Show starts at 9:35 PM
- Where: City Park, 1599 City Park Drive
- When: Show starts at 9:30 PM
- Where: Island Grove Park, 600 N 14th Ave
- When: Show starts at 9:30 PM
- Where: Boardway Park
- When: Show starts at 9:17 PM
- Where: Lake Loveland, corner of Taft Avenue & 29th Street
For more information on each town’s firework displays click on the links above.
2. Independence Day Parade in Greeley
photo source: greeleystampede.org
Parades were always my favorite part of Fourth of July. This year the Stampede is taking the parade through Greeley. As always, get there early to get good seats!
- When: Parade starts at 9:00 AM
- Where: North on 10th Ave and ends on 5th St
3. 5k Fourth of July Race in Fort Collins
photo source: firekracker5k.com
This year the Fire-Kracker 5K takes place in Fort Collins to help those of us who are more active celebrate the holiday. This event is open to all people, and all ages. This race also has different skill levels, a leisure race and right after that the competitive race will start.
- When: Race starts at 7:30 AM
- Where: City Park, 413 S. Bryan Ave, Fort Collins
4. Car Show in Loveland
photo source: allamericancarshow.com
This car show is taking place in the Loveland Outlets on Saturday and is free for all ages to come and enjoy. They have all kinds of cars, motorcycles, and to top it off this is a charity benefit.
- Happening: July 2nd
- When: 10 AM until 2 PM
- Where: The Outlets, 5661 McWhinney Boulevard, Loveland
5. Arts and Craft Fair in Loveland
- When: 9:30 AM until 11:30 AM
- Where: 3720 N. County Road 11c
This fair takes place at the Boyd Lake State Park. Walk around and get some new DIY ideas, or pick up some specially made things for yourself. This is a free event for the whole family to enjoy.
6. Have Your Own Fireworks Show
Of course, there is always the option of just staying home and making your own fun too! Fireworks stands are popping up all over Greeley and Northern Colorado, so stock up on some sparklers and celebrate the signing of our Declaration in your own way!
***Please use caution when lighting personal fireworks & check local laws before lighting up.***
Comment and share your photos and favorite things to do for the Fourth of July below!