It’s starting to cool down, and fall feels like it’s right around the corner. Which I can’t say I am happy about. I really wanted to summer to stick around a bit longer; I am not ready for colder weather! But as a result of school being back in session and the cooler weather, there are tons of events going on this week! Some of them happen to be my favorite events of the entire year!
1. Tour De Fat in Fort Collins
Every year New Belgium brewery hosts the epically fun and outrageous Tour De Fat. It is a free event to participate in, all you need is a costume and a bike, and you are good to go! There is a whole day full of events like; bike ride fashion show, concerts, and contests. Every time I go to Tour De Fat, I am never let down. It’s a fun environment for everyone. Unfortunately, when I went last year it was so last minute I didn’t have a costume! But no one seemed to notice =)
- Happening: Saturday, September 3rd
- When: Ride Registration starts at 9 am, Bike Ride begins at 10 am sharp
- Where: Civic Center Park, 225 Laporte Avenue, Ft Collins CO
2. Rocky Mountain Show Down at Sports Authority Field
photo source: (denver.org)
If you thought that only the Denver Broncos could sell out the entire Sports Authority Field, you will be very surprised to hear the Rocky Mountain Showdown does this every year. This is a crazy fun event that is open to anyone. This game is one of the biggest events of the year for both CU and CSU, I mean it wouldn’t sell out a 76,125 seat stadium otherwise! I do have to admit though….since I went to CSU, I tend to cheer for them.
- Happening: Friday, September 2nd
- When: Game starts at 6 pm, Tailgate events happen throughout the day
- Where: Sports Authority Field at Mile High, 1701 Bryant St., Ste. 700, Denver, CO
*Note* Both CU and CSU offer ticket purchases through their websites.
3. Plant-Based Cooking Demo & Tastings in Greeley
“Learn how to prepare fast and tasty plant-based meals; and, reduce weight and increase energy. The class includes a cooking demonstration, recipes, evidence-based resources, food tasting and more.”- Farmers Pantry This event has limited seating so interested make sure to call ahead and grab a place, tickets are $20.oo a person.
- Happening: Thursday, September 1st
- When: 6:30 pm – 8 pm
- Where: Farmer’s Pantry, 931 16th St. Greeley, CO
4. Friday Fest in Greeley
photo source: (greeleydowntown.com)
Friday Fest is still going on! Nevermind the 90’s is playing this week along with street performers, face painting, and access to delicious restaurants , as well as the “to-go” cup service. This is a fun way to spend a laid back Friday night for families.
- Happening: Friday, September 2nd
- When: Starts at 5pm
- Where: 9th Street Plaza, Downtown Greeley, CO
5. Thunder in the Rockies Weekend Event in Loveland
I almost won a free motorcycle at this event a couple of years ago, true story. Anyway, Thunder in the Rockies is a weekend long event revolving around everything motorcycles and entertainment. It includes giveaways, bbq, concerts, and even helicopter rides. Pretty neat stuff.
- Happening: Friday, Septemeber 2nd through Monday, September 5th
- When: Event kicks off at 12 pm
- Where: Thunder Mountain Amphitheater, 4250 Byrd Dr, Loveland, CO
As always I hope you all have a fantastic week and weekend. I also hope you can find time to make it to some of these events. These are some of my favorite events that I look forward to every year. Have a good one everyone!