Rent-to-own has been a fantastic program for home ownership in Greeley and Northern Colorado. Our team has placed many happy families into homes through it. If you’ve been looking for a great way to get into a home, this may be a fantastic option for you.
Here’s what’s changed for 2018…
Is the rent-to-own still available in Greeley in 2018?
The rent-to-own program is still available in 2018. It still continues to be a highly successful program and great way for people to get into a home in the following people:
- People tired of renting but not quite yet qualified to buy. If you have lower credit, high debt-to-income, or lack of a down payment, rent-to-own gives you the ability to get into the house you want now, build your finances, and buy it in the future.
- People who want a greater selection of homes. Rent-to-own allows you to choose from most homes available for sale; you aren’t limited to houses for rent.
- People who are able to buy, but are concerned about rising home prices or are unsure of their future. Many of our rent-to-own clients use the program because they aren’t ready to be locked into a home. Perhaps they are relocating. Or perhaps they are unsure where prices are going. Rent-to-own allows them to choose a house and try it. If they want to buy it, they have an agreed upon price upfront. If not, no problem.
What are rent-to-own rent prices in Greeley in 2018?
The rent-to-own program is very competitive with the traditional rental market.
Currently, here are the number of rent-to-own homes available in Greeley:
- For under $1,500 per month, there are 5 currently available
- For under $1,750 per month, there are 20 currently available
- For under $2,000 per month, there are 38 currently available
Here’s an actual example from a home listed today:
You can rent it for $1,540 per month. If you want to buy it, you can do so for $249,610 any time within the next year.
|Rent||Estimated Right to Purchase|
If you decide to stay for a few years, your rent and purchase price increase predictably.
This particular home is a 3 bed, 2 bath. It has a 2-car garage, walk-in closet, and was built in 1999. As of this writing, it is still available.
How many houses are available for rent to own in Greeley?
In Greeley alone, there are 116 homes available for rent-to-own. We serve all of Northern Colorado though and there are many more available.
In addition, this is a quiet season for real estate. In the Spring and Summer, we expect many more homes to be available, likely near 300 at any given time.
Do I need a real estate agent for rent-to-own?
Yes. Unlike typical rentals, the rent-to-own program shops houses that are for sale. This means an agent must set up showings and be present with you as you tour the homes. Additionally, the agent will work with you on the process, help you get qualified, answer your questions, and put together the offer when you find a home you want.
Rent-to-own is a specialized program. Our team of real estate agents works with the program regularly and has placed many people successfully into homes through it.
How can I learn more about rent-to-own in Greeley?
Our team specializes in rent-to-own. Here are a few options:
Thanks for reading and let us help you find the best path to home ownership!